Frequently Asked Questions

What are the inmate visitation hours?

Visits are scheduled by the inmate on the tablet Monday thru Friday between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.  The visitor needs to be at the Kiosk in the lobby at least five minutes before the visit time.

I got a ticket, what do I do?

Traffic tickets in Howard County are issued by the deputies, troopers and city police officers.  You should first call the number on the ticket, 870-845-7522, Howard County District Court Clerk, and see how much the fine will be.  Once you determine the amount of the fine you have three options: Come to court on the day listed as your court date on the ticket, mail the fine amount (money order only) to the address listed on your ticket prior to the court date or you can search and pay the fine amount online at or call 877-591-8768.

How do I get an Arkansas Drivers License?

The Arkansas State Police Driver Examiner is in Howard County in the District Court Room on Mondays and Fridays.  Written examinations are from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.; driving examinations 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. (have to be there by 1:00 p.m.); written examinations 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.  You can pick up a driving manual on Mondays or Fridays from the examiner.  Items required for testing: birth certificate, school attendance and grade average form and the signature of a parent.

How do I get an Arkansas concealed handgun license (CHL)?

You can go to Arkansas State Police web site and this link will provide you with all of the information needed to acquire a CHL.  You can get the name of a certified instructor from the ASP site.

How do I get a copy of an accident report or report that a Deputy has compiled?

Traffic accident reports can be obtained from the Sheriff's Office (HCSO), the Police Department (NPD, MSPD or DPD) or the Arkansas State Police (ASP).  If your accident happened in the city limits of Nashville, Mineral Springs or Dierks, you need to contact that Police Department.  If it occurred in the county and was investigated by a trooper, call (870) 777-4641.  If it was investigated by a deputy, call (870) 845-2626.  There is a fee for each report and reports can be obtained by calling or coming to the Sheriff's Office at 101 Isaac Perkins Blvd., in Nashville.

I have information that I want to tell the Police but I don't want to use my name?

Email us using the link on our home page or call our tip line listed on the home page.

I know a person who is a registered sex offender and that person lives in Howard County.  Why is that person not listed as a sex offender on your web site?

State law allows level two through four offenders to be listed on sites like ours.  A level two can only be listed if the offender is over 18 years of age and the victim was under 14.  This means no level ones and only certain level two's can be listed on our site. A person, once convicted, goes through a state ordered assessment which attempts to determine the offender's likelihood of re-offending.  To answer your question, there are three reasons the person you know is not listed: (1) the person is a level one and cannot be listed, (2) the person is a level two that cannot be listed, or (3) the person was recently convicted and has not completed the state assessment that assigns them an offender level (assessments after conviction usually take approximately six months).